- All incoming and outgoing mail, except legal mail and other specifically approved items, must be in postcard form.
- Mail received other than authorized postcards will be returned to sender.
- Postcards must have the sender's full name and complete return address.
- Postcards for inmates need to be sent to the following address:
Cache County Jail
Inmate’s Full Name
1225 W. Valley View, Suite 100
Logan, UT 84321
- Postcards cannot have photos, glitter, perfume, lipstick, or any obscene material, gang related, stickers, tattoo patterns, textiles, adhesives, tape, white out, metallic/glitter pen, crayon, marker, paint, perfume, plastic, rubber, staples or any metal.
- The postage stamp will be removed prior to the inmate receiving the postcard, so do not write on the postcard behind the stamp.
- Postcards will not be accepted if they are larger than 6 inches by 11.5 inches.
- Inmates are allowed to have photographs in their possession no larger than 5 inches by 7 inches.
- Photographs may be mailed to the inmate provided the envelope is clearly marked "Photographs." The photographs may not exceed 5 inches by 7 inches in size. The inmate's name and name number must be written on the back of each photograph.
- Books and magazines are available through the Jail Library. Should you want to send a specific book to an inmate, it must be directly mailed from a bookstore, publisher, or retail outlet. Nothing can be written in or added to the book.
- No hardback books are accepted.
- Once the inmate is released or transferred to another facility, the book becomes part of Cache County Jail Library.
- Packages from private residences, businesses, or post office boxes will be returned to the sender. A package is defined as a box or mail item (special delivery, UPS, etc.) larger/thicker than a letter that contains what a reasonable person would observe to be over 100 pages (1/2” thick) of material. Exceptions to include: pre-approved medical, attorney client mail marked with the designation of “legal privileged mail” or words to that effect, and soft cover books (see books and magazines above).
- Cache County Jail does not forward mail. Mail for inmates no longer incarcerated at CCJ will be returned to the sender.