Information on transferring from another law enforcement agency: Lateral Transfer Policy
To apply for a Deputy Sheriff's position submit all of the following:
- Download and complete: Applications
- Provide copies of passing NPOST scores (if not POST certified). For more information on the NPOST, call Bridgerland Technical College at 435-750-3188.
- Copies of any POST certification
- Clear copy of driver's license
- Must be at least 21 years old at time of hiring
- Must have passing NPOST scores (if not POST certified). PASSING SCORE RESULTS ARE REQUIRED FOR TESTING!
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (preference given to applicants that are POST certified or with a 2 or 4-year university degree in criminal justice, psychology, sociology, social work, political science or related fields)
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must have a valid Utah drivers license at time of appointment
- No disqualifying criminal history
- No DUI convictions in the past two years
- Before hiring, applicants will be subject to an extensive background investigation.
- Must meet the standards to qualify to be a Peace Officer in the State of Utah
(See POST Qualifications and Legal Requirements by clicking here).
Applications may also be obtained:
Cache County Sheriff's Office
1225 W. Valley View, Suite 200
Logan, Utah 84321
- By calling 435-755-1000
- Or by e-mailing Marcy Mouritsen by using the form on this page: